Okay okay…I’ve never been the person to really share that much about music. I think music is super personal, so it’s never been a big talking point for me. But, recently more and more of my couples have asked for recommendations for not only reception music (for which I do have a public playlist) but for those slower, love songs as well.
I don’t have as many love songs up my belt, but I do have a few that I’ve heard recently that I think you need to hear. They’re sweet, simple, and are long enough that your first dance can go on as long as you want it to.
- Sink by Noah Kahan. This is my favorite song right now. It is so so so beautiful. This song came on the local alt radio station as I was driving home and I only caught the tail end of it but was immediately in love. After snagging the name from Sound Hound, I looked it up on YouTube (after I had parked). I can’t say enough good things about this song, it sounds more like a poem put to music. But don’t believe me, try it for yourself! Click Here.
- Okay, this one is one you’ve probably heard but it still needs to have some attention. This isn’t a typical first-dance-love-song but beautiful nonetheless. She’s Always a Woman by Billy Joel.
- Your Song, by Elton John covered by Ellie Goulding. Yes that’s right, Ellie Goulding’s ethereal voice covers Elton John’s classic and it’s beautiful (duh). I grew up listening to the original, but there’s just something in Ellie’s voice that makes you listen to the song in a new light. It might just be my favorite version of the song…sorry Sir Elton John. Click Here.
- Sooo you’ve heard this song before I guarantee it, but I can also bet you haven’t heard this version before. I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) is covered by Sleeping At Last and I think *again* it’s better than the original. But okay okay, the original is a totally different vibe, so it’s hard to say. I will say, that you would have never expected this song to sound that sweet before, and I guarantee you will love it.
- Last but not least, this song is beautiful. I’ve never heard of the band (actually, I don’t even know who sings it), but as soon as I heard it, I knew it had to go on this list. The song is called Tus Pies (Your Feet) and is one of the sweetest songs I’ve heard in a long time.
If you have a favorite long song you think should be added to the list, let me know by leaving it in the comments below!