Creative Decor Items to Incorporate Into Your Wedding

I’m not really sure what to say for this blog post, I think the ‘things’ listed below speak for themselves. SOO I’ll just get right into it. The point of this, is to expose couples who are getting married to some awesome, totally customizable, creative, dynamic, awesome (yes I said that twice) details to incorporate into their wedding day! Specifically, these items are 99% decor items, the other 1% contains bridal accessories. These details are ones that I often see go over-looked. To me, details are the most important part of the wedding, and can really make your day so beautiful.

If you have gotten married already, let me know your favorite wedding-day detail(s) in the comments below! If you are planning your wedding and loved one or more of these ideas, let me know below as well!

OH and by the way, all of these are linked to Etsy accounts, so you can feel good knowing you are supporting other small businesses should you choose to pursue any items below! Note: none of the included links are affiliate links.

olivia reed photo annapolis maryland wedding photographer

FIRST! Dried florals. If you read ‘dried’ and thought ‘dead’, let me stop you right there! Dried florals are actually really beautiful. PLUS, you don’t have to worry about your flowers wilting or dying because…well….they’re already dead. But don’t let the word ‘dead’ scare you :). Dried flowers are super versatile. Plus, you can use florals for more than bouquets and boutonnieres. Florals can be used tied to church pews, or chairs, attached to your ceremony arbor or arch, OR hanging from the ceiling for a totally romantic, dramatic, eye-catching display. Below are some example images from Pinterest of what I mean and links to buy!

dried florals for weddings olivia reed photo
dried florals for weddings olivia reed photo
dried florals for weddings olivia reed photo
dried florals for weddings olivia reed photo

To browse dried florals check these shops: shopMARANTA and TeresasPlants.

SECOND! Ceremony arches + arbors. Says your “I do’s” with style. There’s nothing quite like a statement arch or arbor. It’s SO visually appealing for not only you and your guests, but in photos as well! The ones linked below are not your mama’s arch. These are bold, beautiful, and totally your own. Plus, when your wedding is over you can sell it to another couple! There are always couples looking for an arch like these 😍.

Shop these arches + arbors and more here: CenterStageDecor and FurtherStillArtistry.

THIRDLY. Backdrops. These are SO fun, and you can get more than one use out of them! Use your backdrop for your ceremony site (attach it to your arbor or arch) and then hang it behind your sweetheart table at the reception! Two birds with one very beautiful stone.

Find your dream (and totally customizable) backdrop here: Blushing Drops and Papercase Studio.

FOURTHLY! Seating chart, place cards, + table numbers. These three things are the easiest to make your own, but often the most generic and over-looked part of the wedding! The goal of this is to make something your guests want to steal at the end of the night 😉. Scroll down to see example images from the linked vendors.

Shop here: SJ Letter Co, Wedding Club, Rich Design Co., and Letters To You.

FIFTHLY! Custom name signs. These are great for hanging above the bar, or behind you at your sweetheart table. You can also lean them against your sweetheart table, or have it rest on an easel (most venues have easel’s already). Plus after your wedding, you can hang your custom name sign in your home! Get it customized with a quote, or with your new last name.

Shop these here: Letters To You

LASTLY! Bridal hair accessories + veils. This is the only non-decor item listed, but it is such a fun one, that I had to include it. If you don’t have or aren’t feeling your great-grandmother’s heirloom pieces, these are for you! These hair accessories + veils are modern yet classic all at the same time. They have just the right amount of sparkle, and they really are gorgeous. As a photographer, I love when my brides have a totally unique look. This makes shooting details so much more fun, and of course portraits as well.

Shop the hair accessories: Only Handmade Jewelry, Rose Red Rose White
Shop veils: A Busy Mother and Marry Bridal USA and The Pink Veil

Comments will load here

Comments submission form loads here.

about
services
contact
blog

about
services
contact
blog

about
services
contact
blog

THANK YOU